Tuesday, April 15, 2008

On why coffee is more important than formula...

Kris was gone today so I had the outstanding job of waking the children and getting child #1 to school. I can see how excited you are for me right through the computer screen. Child #2, for some reason only known to God, decided he would sleep past 7am today (the time we normally wake...). I really was a tad tired and didn't quite feel like waking him to feed him so we could get child#1 to school on time. So I made coffee. I chose coffee over feeding my baby a bottle!!!! I took the chance that in the 30 min. it took to bring child #1 to school and get home we would have a major meltdown from 10+ hours without milk on the little one's belly. I came to realize that I will chose coffee over most things in life. Without coffee, life is a little bit duller. If I wake and know that there will be no coffee my day immediately has the possibility of going bad. I think I might need therapy.

3 comments:

Cortney said...

Another reason why you are my good friend! You are way too funny!

Brooke and Peter said...

oh sister... you are preaching ot the choir! i will start my pot of coffee before emptying my full bladder from the night - just so it will be done quicker... pathetic yes, addiction yes.

Ali Brown said...

You can attend C.A. (caffienaholics anonymous) with me on Thursdays at 11am...I think it's hopeless for me though...they want to through me out because I'v requested coffee via I.V.