I know I've said it for the past 4 years, but I think I'm going to go back to school this fall to finish my degree. Actually, I have 2 semesters left for my criminal justice/sociology degree but I'm not going down that road now. Long story long, I would have to go to UGF which is 10,000 a year and I obviously can't afford that so I have decided to pursue something that would be compatible with my kids. I'm most likely going to school for elementary education with a special ed option. That way, I can be with my kids on the breaks and after school and still work and bring in some money ( I really want my house paid of soon!) Also, if I get special ed certified the Government will pay back $18,500 of my school loans. Yipee!!! Now all I need to do is fill out financial aid info and go back to talk to the education department head and see which classes I can convince them to transfer etc... and register. So, unless I can think of a better career that won't consist of me going back to school, that's my plan.
2 comments:
as a friend, a grad, and a former dean of students at a college --- I HIGHLY recommend going back. YOU will find so much fulfillment, accomplishment and strength in yourself in finishing! I love the idea of teaching... Looking back, I wish I would have taken courses that allowed me to teach... It is a great career with kids... I am so excited for you and if you need any support or help let me know... Good for you!
I'm bummed you weren't at Five Loaves for "playgroup" yesterday!! Next week is at my house...will you be coming??
Post a Comment