Monday, February 4, 2008

Excuse me if I have a problem with this...


 I was reading yahoo! news and one of the main articles was "Get the list of the 99 most desirable women". WHAT? Who decides what is or is not desirable for 1, and for 2 --lots of make up, hair extensions (I'm can knock it because I've tried it!), starvation, skimpy clothing all the sudden makes you "desirable"? Wow, I must have not gotten the memo on that one. In my opinion, the woman who loves unconditionally someone or something else is desirable. The woman who works hard, whether at home or work or play is desirable. The woman who feeds the homeless and cares for the orphans is desirable. The woman who can put on a black shirt and jeans and still hold her head with confidence because she knows, and I mean really knows, that deep down she is fabulous the way she was created-that's desirable. So please excuse me, America, for not conforming to your ideals of what is or is not "desirable" as I spend less time focusing on the exterior of myself and more time focusing on how I can change the world.  I am woman (with a zit on my chin, bags under my eyes, and no photoshop to carry me through this world) hear me roar.

2 comments:

Cortney said...

Hear, Hear... I second that, as I lick guacamole out of the bottom of the bowl!!!

Katie Glathar said...

AMEN!!