A week ago the ultimate temptation came into my life...
I ordered the boys two matching quilts from the pottery barn for their new bunk bed (pictures to follow soon...). I splurged and went for quality over cheap. Two weeks later the pottery barn box shows up on my door step. I loved the quilts. They were perfect in every way. I proceeded to dig through the box to find an extra quilt (value=$100) and a goose down filled comforter (value $160)!!! They were not on my receipt at all. No one knew they had been shipped to my house. At all.
It was in that moment I had to decide. Do I keep them and outfit my guest bedroom which is not my favorite right now? Do I send them back because I totally believe that what goes around comes around... Maybe someday I would be in a place where I needed to rely on someone to be honest?
So, I called the company and gave them back. I knew they wouldn't say, "for your honesty, just keep them!, although I was secretly hoping they would. I knew no coupon for 50% off would be shipped to my front door, but I did it. I am totally not looking for a pat on the back here, I promise. I'll keep you updated on any future events that happen in my favor because I chose to send back my beloved freebies. God always has a way of surprising me with blessing because of good decisions. Now the wait....
I've Moved...
1 year ago
2 comments:
Just shows how amazing your are! Way to go! We need more people in the world as honest as you Rachel!
I'm very proud of you. Because if you kept them, every time you looked at your "freebies" you would get a horrible yucky, guilty feeling in the pit of your stomache, but then it would be too late to send it back, and you would eventually have to give it away, so you could get rid of said yucky feeling, and you would have missed your chance to do the right thing. (not that I have experienced this or anything.)
Good job. Karma(or whatever) is a good thing.
Post a Comment