Where do I begin?
Our friends who we love dearly got the bug to start house hunting and reminded us that our house would not house 2 huge teenagers in 10 years, so I "recommended" to Kris we start looking. Within 3 days we had our realtors, Jim and Nettie, listing our house and we were officially on the hunt. We found a great house, in a GREAT neighborhood at a great price after a few day... but our house still wasn't sold. We made an offer contingent on the sale of our house, and the lady couldn't accept it because she couldn't wait for us to sell. So, we sat for another week and prayed that our house would sell....
Within a couple of more days we realized this house was going to go if the right buyer could see past the cosmetic issues and we decided to make and offer and buy this place while waiting to sell our house still. Yikes! We knew it was God's will though- so we pushed forward and did it. God is so amazing, because I really started to doubt what we had done and get scared of two mortgages!!! Low and behold on the DAY that we closed on our new place a cash offer came through during our closing on our realtors desk!!! We were moved out and closed on the old place within 6 days, I kid you not. :)
Wow- so here are a few of the before pics of the great room, and a few of the not -yet- but updated pics of the great room. Do you like the color green I chose? I LOVE it! New lights, carpet, oak floors and appliances now glow in our home and we just love this place so much. Still so much to do, so many boxes to unpack, garage to clear, rooms to paint and organize- am I making you tired yet? Just wanted to update you all on our life the past 6 weeks! More pics to come...
3 comments:
I love the green! I was going to ask if you did it or if it was original!
It looks so roomy and from what I"ve seen, the layout looks great! Can't wait to see it!
wow wow wow!! nice place and I cannot beleive your story... that is amazing and encouraging! way to go... can't wait to see it in person ... SOMEDAY!
OH MY GOODNESS! It's beautiful!!!! I can't wait to crash one of your parties someday ;) Congrats!!!
Post a Comment