Thursday, March 27, 2008

Why God, oh why, did you create teething and stuffy noses?

Ok, this is a huge whining post, so if you hate whining then stop reading here. I realize that there are people who sleep much less than I and have harder lives in general than I do, and for that I have the utmost respect for them. However, sometimes it feels nice to whine and complain...
So, dear sweet little boy decided to teeth (popped the bottom two teeth in together, at the same time...) and then proceed to get another cold with a massive stuffy nose with it. This probably does not sound like an issue to those of you who A. Do not have kids or B. Who's kids do not use a binky. But for those of you who do not fit into either category, A or B, you will feel for me. For one, the teething process effects my children like none other. We go from sleeping a good 5 or 6 hours at night to a good 5 or 6 minutes. Yes, I said minutes..... tossing and turning and turning and tossing and waking up and crying because we are tossing and turning. You get the picture. Now, combine this with a stuffy nose while trying to suck a binky (and he will never let the binky go....) well, you have a recipe for HELL. Add some more salt to the wound: a husband that has been working every night for 8 nights in a row and can't be there to help you while the baby is crying and the 5 year old can't sleep because the baby is crying. I love my kids, but sometimes I wonder what God was thinking when he created teething and stuffy noses.

4 comments:

Amber Joy said...

you poor thing. I feel for you, I do. And, I have to admit, for some reason, I got a good chuckle out of Caed hitting his finger while making the resurrection cookies. I can just see you trying to explain how Jesus suffered while he's screaming that his finger hurts! I'm there with you. You'll make it.

Cortney said...

Yikes! We could get our kids together and maybe they could form a teething, stuffy nosed support group.

Laura Beth said...

I'm sorry that I"m laughing at your misery--you share it in such a comical way!

I'm truly sorry that life stinks right now. And your husband only haphazardly gets to share in the fun. I'm struggling with work and no sleep, so when I get crabby and want to go to bed (which is about every five minutes) I'll pray for you!!

Ann said...

I wish I could say that the teething gets better as they get older. But Nathan is teething again (he's 14 months)....and he is miserable too.