Just wanted to wish you all a Happy Easter.....
Caed and I (and Riley, but he has no idea what is going on...) made Resurrection Cookies, which involves making a cookie while telling the Easter story and relating all the ingredients to Christ's death and explaining the true Easter story. As we do celebrate the Easter bunny, I was also equally as happy to know that my child knows the true Easter story mainly, and could relate to me most of the story of Christ's death and we went through the process...
Funny part is that as we were "beating" the Pecan's to symbolize how Christ was beaten by the Roman soldiers, Caed "beat" his own finger and screamed bloody murder. As sad as I felt for him, it was great realism for him to see how much more Christ hurt for him while He endured what He did. I feel honored to serve and be saved by such an amazing, poweful Creator. Happy Easter, thank you Jesus for all that you have done for a wretched sinner like me.
I've Moved...
1 year ago
2 comments:
I would love to have that recipe along with "narration". I like finding ways to make Christ more "real" for Colton in ways that he can relate. And I love finding small traditions like that! Good work!
that is a great story... My friends' boys were running around with capes on the other day yelling that they were "the philistines" and they were trying to "crucify" each other... pretty funny!
Post a Comment